Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Bit of a Costume Wish List

I almost always have a costume wish list floating around in my mind, which changes often. Some days I'm all about something Regency, other days it's Medieval. Here are a few things I've been dreaming about lately.
I fell in love with this gorgeous costume Gwen wears in the BBC series 'Merlin'. I love the pastel colors and the little embroidered details! I would love to make a replica of this someday! 
Back view: I love the lacing and the embroidery!
I've always been in love with Eowyn's Sheildmaiden dress from Lord of the Rings. A friend of mine is making a replica which is turning out gorgeous! You can see her's so far here. Maybe someday I will make this too :)
I would love to make one of these white dresses from Marie Antoinette. They are so gorgeous! And they look so summery!
I need to finish my current Elizabeth Swann costume first, but I've always wanted to make her Island Shift from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
Those are just a few floating around in my mind lately. I have a whole box of fabric for different projects though which I need to use up, so it would be awhile before I make any of these.
What costume are you dreaming of making lately?
♥ Anna Kristine

4 comments:

  1. My sister and I are working on my Sheildmaiden dress currently. I'm very excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! I would love to make that dress!! I would love to see pictures. :)

      Delete
  2. That blue dress is definitely my favorite of Gwen's although that pink one comes close second!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I love her pink dress too! I can't wait to see what costumes she has in Season 5! :)

      Delete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin