Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Project: The Holiday Fireside Sweater

I've always loved this sweater Cameron Diaz wears in the movie The Holiday and for my birthday my friend bought me the Fireside Sweater pattern based on this sweater!

 I love the look of this sweater....it's so cozy and has so many cables!
My husband ordered yarn for me to make it (his birthday present to me) so here it is so far:
 Don't look too close...I've already made a couple mistakes with cables overlapping the wrong way in a couple places. But I can't bring myself to rip it out and start over. It's not that noticeable to me to maybe no one else will notice either? And it is my first sweater...so it will have some imperfections I'm sure.
Can't wait to finish this and snuggle up and wear it! Hopefully I can finish it before the weather turns warm!
Off to knit I go...
Keep warm!
~Anna Kristine

6 comments:

  1. Looks good! I had my first experience with cables a couple weeks ago, and just love them! Though, there weren't nearly as many as you are doing! Have fun. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotten so far on this! Well done! I think i spied a photo of Herbert Pocket and so.....
    *leaves hurriedly*
    hee hee!
    love you Anna!
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsie, aren't they fun? This is the most cables I think I've done in one project yet! Except for the cabled blanket I am making.

    Aimee, heehee, you're funny! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh...so beautiful!

    It was fun to talk to you earlier!

    Love you!
    Gen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did my first (and only, so far) cables on a pair of socks last summer. I got a few of them turned and twisted, too. It's easy to do. Especially, when you're visiting with someone or watching TV! I look forward to seeing how the sweater turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the prettiest sweaters ever! Can't wait to see it all done. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin