Saturday, October 9, 2010

Elizbethtown...

...is what I like to call this hat because it reminds me of the red hat Kirsten Dunst wears in the movie Elizabethtown. :)
Sorry about the poor photo quality...and the little gold safety pin is holding onto a stitch I dropped somewhere. What can I say...I'm not perfect! ;)

This was my first time knitting a hat so I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out even though I did drop a stitch (or two or three). It's a little snug for my big head though...so somebody may end up getting it in their Christmas stocking this year. ;) I love knitting...

3 comments:

  1. OH! It looks stunning! Great job! I love the little hearts!
    -Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like the Elizabethtown hat! That is such a great movie. :) Good job with your first hat--they are my favorite things to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pattern! so pretty! I guess I'm not the only one in love with the red hat in Elizabeth Town. :)
    If it makes you feel better, I did horribly with my first hat. had to rip back 7 times in the first few rows before I figured out what on earth I was doing or rather, doing wrong! Probably didn't help that it was also my first project working in the round and doing cables. I laugh now at my bravery, thinking I could just jump into so many new things at once. but I did learn a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin