Thursday, January 22, 2009

2009 Academy Award Nominees Announced

Finally...the moment I've been waiting for for months...the nominees have been announced!
As excited as I am about the whole thing, I always hold my breath to see what films will get best costume design. Usually I'm voting for one...this year I was pleasantly surprised to see 4 of the 5 I'm rooting to win. Here are the nominees:

The Duchess


Australia

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button


Revolutionary Road
The fifth nomination is Milk, but I didn't think the costumes were that impressive, personally.
I'm pretty torn between the others though! I'm sort of leaning toward The Duchess. But we shall see!

1 comment:

  1. I'm torn between the duchess and Australia mostly. LOVED the duchess costumes of course but didn't get to see Australia other than the pics. however it looked very well done.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin