Friday, December 19, 2008

The Secret of Moonacre Notes and Trailer

I found this trailer on YouTube and thought you all might enjoy checking it out. :)

Also, I've started reading the book and already I'm understanding the beautiful clothes. In the first chapter there is such a beautiful description of Maria's outfit....

"And the boots she had on today were calculated to raise the lowest spirits, for they were made of the softest grey leather, sewn with crystal beads round the tops, and were lined with snow white lambs wool. The chrystal beads, as it happened, could not be seen, because Maria's grey silk dress and warm grey wool pellise, also trimmed with white lamb's wool, reached to her ankles, but she herself knew they were there and the thought of them gave her a moral strength that can scarcely be overestimated. She rested herself against the thought of this beads, just as in a lesser degree she rested herself against the thought of the piece of purple ribbon that was wound about her slender waist beneath the pellise, the little bunch of violets that was tucked so far away inside the recess of her grey velvet bonnet that it was scarcely visible, and the grey silk mittens adorning the small hands that were hidden inside the big white muff. For Maria was one of your true aristocrats; the perfection of the hidden things was even more important to her than the outward show."

Wow...and I think I want her wardobe. It says her nurse made all of her clothes..."the child's clothes had been created with a fiery zeal that made of each small garment a work of art."

And as we see from pictures of the film, they've definately made works of art! :)

Check out my other post on the costumes with lots of pictures HERE.

I think I'd like her boots today. They sound warm!

4 comments:

  1. oh I know that first chapter pulled me right in too! hehe i'm a sucker for costumes what can I say....great book though, I know you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very interesting! When you have seen it, would you mind giving your opinion on it? And have you made any made any medieval dresses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh!! now I want to see it!! I love your blog Anna! It's been a long time since I've even been on mine so now I'm taking it all in! =]
    ~Marguerite

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin